- NEW VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
There are so many exciting changes going on with the Bar Harbor Food Pantry and Serendipity, and we need your help! Many of these are projects that you can do at home in your own time and will add so much to the service we offer families in need.
One project underway this summer, after receiving a grant from the JMG Youth Program, we have purchased a second refrigerator (no freezer) for the pantry that will store produce donations throughout the season. We plan to grow our produce offerings to the many families who visit each month and the refrigerator was the first step!
Listed below are brief descriptions of the jobs we need your help with. Please pass this along to friends, family, co-workers, etc… we welcome new volunteers!
Please contact Kate to let her know if there’s something that interests you and she will gladly send you a more detailed job description. Contact Kate at email@example.com
- Cash donations are vitally important. The pantry purchases approximately 90% of the food that we distribute. Some donors make monthly donations throughout the year. Please see our "Donate Today" page on this site.
- Donate food (drop-off areas are located at Hannaford in Bar Harbor and Bar Harbor Bank & Trust in Southwest Harbor).
- Read the paper for local fundraisers supporting the Food Pantry.
- We always welcome groups to organize their own food drives or other fundraisers to support the pantry.
- Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help create recipes for ever-changing items in the pantry, and/or occasionally make samples to pass out.
- Sort donations during large food drives, e.g., Post Office Food
Drive in May.
- Help unload our Good Shepherd Food Bank delivery the third Tuesday of each month at noon.
- Donate gently-used clothing to Serendipity. Help sort, price, and sell clothes at the shop. All net proceeds from Serendipity go directly to the pantry.
Please contact Kate Sebelin for more
information about these opportunities
at 288-3375 (BH Food Pantry) or
e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org